Sunday 13 September 2009

Too Kind or Too Cold

This thing has been in my mind for a very long time now. It seems very hard to differentiate them. To all who know me, am I too kind or too cold? Do tell me please so that I could change myself. I've always been friendly to people that people sometimes tell me not to be too kind. If I'm too kind people may tend to take advantage of me. So they said I should set some boundaries. But when I did that, now people saying that I'm too cold. So what should I do? When I give in to people, they said I'm being too kind. When I set certain boundaries, they said I'm too cold. So how would I know what's the difference. How can I balance the two? I don't want to be cold and also not too kind until people take advantage of me. Or should I just let be? Just continue to be old happy-go-lucky self. I need your help. Am I too kind or being too cold?

5 comments:

Amanda Chung said...

whatever you think its correct to do and what God wants you to do! I know saying out loud sounds easy, but its harder to please everyone around ourselves.

~eRiC~ said...

was in this situation before.. just be yourself, act on what you think you feel like it and as long as you feel comfortable with it.. do not compromise your life too much for others because it is not as easy.. just be happy my buddy kay..

Liz said...

Gosh BenBen !! You're such a sweetie !! Listen to yourself my dear ! You can't please everyone. Has it ever bothered you before? Being "too kind" or "too cold"? Just be yourself. And think of yourself once in a while. You ALWAYS think of others first. That's why you end up doing things for people even though it takes a toll on you. Cos you wanna make others happy. Then some rotten people just take advantage of your good heart. Well, you have to practice some moderation. No one can tell you what's the right "amount" - only you can. Nothing wrong with being friendly. It's when you keep saying "Okay" to everything and all things that you shouldn't need to do is when it becomes a problem. You're not helping yourself, or the other people you "help". Okay? If you wanna talk more, just let me know aite? :)
Take care BenBen !! You know we all love you :) God bless

Anonymous said...

dont hv to change just because of what people said about u....does it really matter what other sees or misunderstand you???by the end of the day,, its u urself that truly matter...so love yourself as a unique creation of God...when u appreciate urself for who u are....u will then truly sees the value of everythin in life despite of its imperfectness....and trust me,,,it'll never be the same.....

Mizzesztergrace said...

why macam susah ja nak jadi orang..hahahaaaa