Tuesday 21 October 2008

The Unpredictable Weather


Lately the weather here in uni is so unpredictable. One minute it will be scorching hot and the next minute it's raining cats and dogs. Last Wednesday I had a very scary experience but I thank God that I was not hurt. That afternoon I went out with my friend, Nicholas to get some stuff from Kajang town and have lunch there. It was so hot so neither of us brought an umbrella. We also had dinner then only came back to uni. On the way back in the bus, the sky suddenly turned all dark and black. Looks like a huge storm is coming. When the bus just arrived at the main gate, the rain came down too. So me and my friend stop and waited at the bus stop until the rain subsided. But that wasn't the problem. It was not only raining cats and dogs but also the lightning and thunder were super close and scary. We waited at the Zaba bus top for it is nearer for us to walk back to our room from there. Then suddenly and unexpected thing happen. Right there in front of my eyes, a lightning just struck the open car park area in Zaba. It was so scary. You could just see one lightning bolt in front of you. Car alarm started to come on. People were terrified. The electricity cut off for a moment. I was scared for I was quite close to it. Then I really started praying hard for the rain to subside. Thank God, He had answer my prayer. When all the lightning and thunder stop the rain stopped too. Wow, God is really an amazing God. I'm so thankful. Through this experience I realise something. There is a song that really speaks to me when I'm down or am troubled. It is from Casting Crowns and the song title is Praise You In The Strom...






PRAISE YOU IN THE STORM
I am sure by now
That you would have reach down
And wipe my tears away
Stepped in and save the day
Once again, I say amen
But it's still raining

As the thunder roars
I barely hear Your whisper
Through the rain
I'm with you
As your mercy falls
I raise my hand
And praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise you in the storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I cry
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I'll praise you in the storm

I remember when
I stumble in the wind
You heard my cry
And you raise me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth

No comments: